I actually blogged about this a month ago but somehow it got deleted. I still think it's way important and it's always on my mind so I thought I would try again. These are just some quotes that my father-in-law sent to me about food storage. It seems like times are always tough and we always need to be prepared but lately I have really felt like sooner, rather than later, we are really going to need that year supply of food whether it's because food prices go up, farmers lose their crops, or the entire economy flops and the dollar isn't worth anything. Who knows what will happen but we have been warned for a reason and working on our food storage has really brought a peace of mind to me. We haven't been able to just go out and buy it all at once but little by little we are working on it and I feel like as long as I am doing the best I can, Heavenly Father will make sure we are taken care of. Anyway, here are the quotes.
"...when we really get into hard times, where food is scarce or there is none at all, and so with clothing and shelter, money may be no good for there may be nothing to buy, and you cannot eat money, you cannot get enough of it together to burn to keep you warm, and you cannot wear it." (President J. Reuben Clark, Jr. - Church News, November 21, 1953, p.4.)
“The time will come that gold will hold no comparison in value to a bushel of wheat.” (Brigham Young, in Journal of Discourses, vol. 1, p. 250, 1943 ed., p. 298.)
“Should the Lord decide at this time to cleanse the Church -- and the need for that cleansing seems to be increasing – a famine in this land of one year's duration could wipe out a large percentage of slothful
members, including some ward and stake officers. Yet we cannot say we have not been warned.” (God, Family, Country, Ezra Taft Benson, p. 383.)
"There is more salvation and security in wheat than in all the political schemes of the world." - Ezra Taft Benson (Journal of Discourses 2: 207)
"We will see the day when we live on what we produce."
Pres. Marion G. Romney
"Let us be in a position so we are able to not only feed ourselves through home production and storage, but others as well" (Ezra Taft Benson, in Conference Report, Oct. 1980, 48; or Ensign, Nov. 1980, 34).
2 comments:
Those are such good quotes!!! Especially the one about money. I really need to get my butt in gear on this.
I won't lie, it kinda scares me. We have enough food for maybe a month. Yikes! Maybe I should make that my New Year's resolution :)
Post a Comment