That's how long it took me to complete my first ever triathlon! Me and Allison did it together up at Jordanelle on June 26th and we loved it! We started out with swimming 750 meters which is just short of 1/2 mile. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. The water was so cold and there were so many people that it took me swimming 200 meters to actually relax and breath normally. Plus it was my first time ever swimming in open water like that and in a wet suit. After we swam we did our bike ride which was 14.5 miles. My co-worker Priya lent me her bike which made a HUGE difference. Road bikes are awesome! Then after the bike ride I ran 2.7 miles to the finish line. It felt so good to be done and it was such a huge accomplishment for me. My goal time was to do it in 2 hours or less and I did it in 1 hour and 48 minutes! The training was really fun and really the entire race was a lot of fun for me, I will definitely be doing more of those!! Here are a few pictures..
Thursday, July 15, 2010
I hour and 48 minutes
The beginning, with our wet suits half on. That's how everyone else was doing it and since we were newbie's, we just followed the crowd.
Not my best picture but I had to throw it in. We look so official in our swim caps!
In shock from the water, we are getting ready to dive in!
This is me getting out of the water, I was so completely out of it and disoriented. And I felt sick to my stomach, I think I swallowed a lot of water!
Still feeling sick I dried off a little and got my biking shoes on
It felt so good to be on that bike and not in the water, and it was a nice ride too.
The finish line! Yeah!
Posted by Mike and Lisa at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Man girl-Impressive! What an accomplishment. And, you look pretty good in all these pictures:)
Yay Lisa, look at you, completing a triathlon and then POSTING about it. Way to go!!! I think you look awesome. And you are amazing. I will never do one of those. :) We still need to go swimming sometime...
Lis-this is so awesome! Amazing job!
Uh Lisa that is awesome! Holy Cow! and I think you look pretty dang hot in those spandex.
Uh Lisa that is awesome! Holy Cow! and I think you look pretty dang hot in those spandex.
Post a Comment