Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Reunion

At Michelle's request, I have decided to update our blog. I really have been meaning to do it since these pictures are from our family reunion two weeks ago! For the 4th of July we went up to Yellowstone and Bozeman, Montana. My parents both lived in Bozeman and that's where they met. My Dad's family and my Mom's family were good friends and the two of them fell in love one summer while working at my Dad's dude ranch called The Rainbow Ranch. Anyway, the vacation was very much needed and just a little too short. But here are the pics from our fun adventure.


We started the trip by meeting my parents at the south entrance to Yellowstone which meant that we got to drive through Teton National Park. And anyone who really knows me knows how much I love the beautiful tetons.

This is a picture of just one of the many hot pots at Yellowstone. I thought this one was the prettiest so that's why it made the blog. Too bad they stink so bad because some of them are so pretty!

I don't think Mike was ready for the picture but here is part of my wonderful family. It was so fun to be with all of them :)

These little kids I'm walking past were so funny. I overheard them saying "every time you put your hand in you can keep it in a little longer". For those of you who have never been to Yellowstone, the hot pots are all about 170 degrees F. I don't think the one they were sticking their hands in was that hot, but I couldn't help but laugh and then wonder where in the world their parents were!

We spent a day floating down the Madison river. My parents were on a row boat with all the grandkids and then some of my siblings were on tubes. It was pretty tame so we decided that we could switch tubes/kayaks by just getting out and standing while we made the switch. It worked for the majority of the float down the river...except for the one time Mike had a hard time getting back in his Kayak and he tipped over!! It was really funny until I realized our camera was in that Kayak.
Yup, it's ruined.


And that's why this picture is so crappy. We had to buy a cheap fun saver on our way out of the park so we could get pictures of Old Faithful. You can't go to Yellowstone without getting a picture with Old Faithful.
Overall it was a fun trip. We camped the entire time at a KOA campground. I know, a lot of you probably are thinking that we are white trash, but actually, some of those campgrounds are really nice! We got a good one and had a blast! Now it's back to real life...

3 comments:

Caroline said...

What a great trip! Looks like you had a blast. I know what you mean by the trip being too short too. I felt the same way on my last trip with my fam. I really want to go to Yellowstone. I've never been there. We have some friends down here that are from Boazman, so maybe someday we'll head up there with them. :)

Josh and Michelle said...

Thanks Lisa! That was stellar of you! That was such a cute story about your folks. It reminds me of that song strawberry wine. Im glad you had good times at Yellowstone. I live so close and have never been. The Tetons are so beautiful. I remember at when you would say that over and over. I didnt get it then, but I love them now I am going to miss having the best view out the back window when we get into our house (if that ever happens). Sorry about the camera.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Summer vacations are the best! I would die though if I lost my camera. I had to sacrifice taking pictures on our river rafting trip because I was way too scared to bring my camera on the boat.